Puxley's Mansion is now only the remains of a Victorian gothick mansion, at Dunboy on Beara.
Dunboy Castle was the stronghold of Donal Cam O’Sullivan, but it was besieged and destroyed in 1602. The estate was eventually bought by the Puxley family, who owned the copper mines at Allihies. In the nineteenth century Henry Puxley built himself and his wife this vast house, but he lost interest in it when his wife died, and it was never completed. It has been derelict since it was burned out in 1921, but until recently it was an impressive and sometimes slightly ghostly building. Now the mansion is being restored to its glory, as a luxury hotel; these prints preserve some of the atmosphere of the ruin as it was.